When 11-year-old Victor was in foster care, his worker helped him understand that “the family doesn’t just choose you, you also choose them.” As an adult reflecting on that time, he says, “I think that’s why it doesn’t feel like so much trauma.”
You make a difference in the lives of children and families. This week is Child Welfare Worker Appreciation Week, and AdoptUSKids wants to extend a big THANK YOU for all you do in this field.
- On our website, tune into free webinars on topics like preventing adoption disruption and recruiting families of color. And use tools created to help you, like a tool for assessing the racial and ethnic cultural competence of your support services.
- Check out the MPLD program. It’s designed for emerging leaders of color working in the child welfare field. Fellows get hands-on experience, exposure to national experts, and mentorship opportunities.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how AdoptUSKids can help your state, territory, or tribe build capacity.
- Learn about how our ad campaign and speakers bureau can support your awareness and recruitment efforts.
- Stay connected to get updates on new tools, webinars, and more. Join our mailing list and follow us on Linkedin.