AdoptUSKids capacity-building services
We help states, tribes, and territories—and their private agency partners— build their capacity to recruit, engage, develop, and support foster, adoptive, and kinship families.
Our services are always free.
We can help you
- Meet the specific needs of the children and teens in adoption and foster care in your community Implement effective support services for current and prospective foster, adoptive, and kinship families (including family preservation services for adoptive families and efforts to improve foster placement stability) and enhance parent support groups
- Apply customer service strategies
- Leverage the AdoptUSKids national adoption recruitment campaign, including by using materials at the local level
- Develop effective response systems
- Recruit, prepare, and support adoptive, foster, and kinship families and youth who can share personal stories to raise awareness about the need for resource families
- Use photolistings effectively, including by developing strengths-based child profiles and using the AdoptUSKids photolisting’s family-finding functions
- Strengthen practices for using and supporting interjurisdictional placements
- Use social media to recruit, engage, and support resource families
We provide tailored assistance based on your needs and goals
- Answers to your emerging questions and current challenges
- In-person or web-based trainings—for leaders, supervisors, or other staff
- Facilitated discussions among and across teams of staff and partners
- Connections with other jurisdictions for peer-to-peer training and information sharing
- Coaching calls and other off-site support, including identification of strategies and steps to address barriers
- Short-term on-site support
We support and facilitate peer connections and learning among child welfare leaders
- One-time events open to all child welfare professionals on a variety of topics
- Ongoing peer groups on specific topics for a targeted audience
We share promising practices and ideas from the field
Find archived webinars, tip sheets, guides, and manuals in the professionals section of our website.
Sign up to receive our emails or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.