Are you confident in your ability to find, engage, or place a child with family outside of the United States? If you’re like the majority of child welfare professionals, the answer is: probably not.
Through the use of case examples, this webinar examines the importance of family connections for children in care and explores barriers to—and opportunities for—engaging with family resources across borders.
The webinar is co-facilitated by International Social Service, USA (ISS-USA), a non-profit organization offering cross-border case management for international services, and a supervising adoption field specialist from the New Jersey Department of Child Protection and Permanency.
Included in the webinar:
- Resources and action steps
- Practical tools for permanency planning with children whose family connections cross international borders
- Logistical details about how to work with ISS-USA as a service provider
Watch the recording
Year presented: 2023
- Kate Hurt, AdoptUSKids
- Elaine Weisman, ISS-USA program and training manager
- Renee Evelyn, New Jersey Department of Children and Family – Division of Child Protection and Permanency supervising adoption field support specialist
Article: Bridges across borders