Introducing the 2021 AdoptUSKids MPLD fellows!
The 2021 Minority Professional Leadership Development (MPLD) program fellows met virtually this month for a four-day kick-off meeting filled with skill-building activities and opportunities to network with professionals from across the nation.
In the next 11 months, the 15 fellows will learn about transformational leadership, practice, research, and policy, and take a closer look at disproportionality in child welfare. They will also complete an action research project that addresses a challenge they are facing in their local child welfare system, supported by a mentor and coaching from experts in the field.
- Brianna Byers, Adoption Supervisor, TFI Family Services, Inc. (Kansas)
- Kenisha Coon, Human Resource Developer for Child Welfare Adoption, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services/Office of Workforce Development
- Michelle Cover, Adoption Supervisor, Fairfax County Department of Family Services (Virginia)
- Ricardo Franco, Director of Family Services, Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange
- Fran Marie George, Program Manager, Georgia Division of Family and Children Services
- Brandi Hill, Child Welfare Policy Specialist, Maryland Judiciary, Administrative Office of the Courts
- NaQuanda Jordan, Child Abuse Prevention Specialist II, New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- Shauna-Kay Anderson, Family Service Specialist, New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- Jennifer Lee, Program Manager, Indiana Department of Child Services
- Kathy Melendez, Southwest Region Navigator, New Mexico Department of Children and Families
- Amy Moncion, Clinical UM Manager, Embrace Families (Florida)
- Tatenda Perry, Associate Executive Director, Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
- Michelle Seymore, Child and Family Services Human Services Manager, Hennepin County Health and Human Services (Minnesota)
- Tamara Simmons, Children and Family Services Specialist II, New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- Tonia Sutton, Social Services Supervisor, Fremont County Department of Human Services (Colorado)
Congratulations to the 2021 fellows on their selection!
Sign up to be notified when we are accepting MPLD applications and receive other information for professionals from AdoptUSKids, or email us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.