The 2020 Minority Professional Leadership Development (MPLD) program fellows met in Washington, DC, last month for a three-day kick-off meeting filled with skill building activities and opportunities to network with professionals from across the nation.
In the next 11 months, the 16 fellows will learn about transformational leadership, practice, research, and policy, and take a closer look at disproportionality in child welfare. They will also complete an action research project that addresses a challenge they are facing in their local child welfare system, supported by a mentor and coaching from experts in the field.
Learn more about the MPLD program and sign up to be notified when applications for the 2021 cohort are available
2020 AdoptUSKids Minority Professional Leadership Development Program fellows
- Naimo Ali, Foster Care Licensing Senior Social Worker, Hennepin County (Minnesota) Human Services
- Marcie Baker-Hinds, Program Assistant, Adoption Rhode Island
- Roslind Burks, Program Field Representative, Oklahoma Department of Human Services
- Sheila Dalton, Permanency Specialist, Colorado Department of Human Services
- Charrisse Hart, Administrator-Division of Children and Family Services, St. Thomas Virgin Islands Department of Human Services
- Monique Jackson, Adoption Supervisor, Child Safe Michigan
- Ja-Neen Jones, Director of Adoption and Foster Care Resources, Pennsylvania TRAC Services for Families
- Dishanta Kim, Social Service Specialist 1, Foster Home Certifier, Oregon Department of Human Services Child Welfare
- Heather La Forme, Native American Affairs Specialist, New York Office of Children and Family Services
- Taren Lambert, Family Service Specialist Supervisor, City of Alexandria (Virginia) Department of Community and Human Services
- Maximillian Lisenbee, Family Case Manager, Indiana Department of Children Services
- Kendra Lowden, Foster Care Adoption Manager, Citizen Potawatomi Nation – Oklahoma
- Adrian Owens, Social Services Administration Director, Georgia Department of Human Services
- Gilbert Soto, Administrator Resource Family Services, New Jersey Children and Family Services
- Twan Stokes, Local Office Director, Lake County Indiana Department of Child Services
- Thalia Wright, Child Welfare-Regional Director, New York Children and Family Services
Stay in touch!
Sign up to be notified when we are accepting MPLD applications and receive other information for professionals from AdoptUSKids, or email us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.