How to support foster, adoptive, and kinship families of color
Presenters explain why Black and Brown families need unique support from the child welfare system, highlight key strategies for supporting Black and Brown families, and share stories from child welfare leaders with lived experience.
Audience: This webinar is intended for professionals involved in supporting adoptive, foster, and kinship families of color.
Year presented: 2022
View the webinar
Source correction: Level setting comes from Singleton, Glenn E. 2014. Courageous Conversations about Race. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Presentation slides (2 MB PDF)
- Addressing disparity and disproportionality in Georgia
- Leading systems change in Florida
- Finding more African American families for children in care
- Quick Reference Photolisting Guide (376 KB PDF)
- Making the Most of Your Recruitment Efforts: Effective Response System Strategies (143 KB PDF)
- Successfully recruiting and supporting African American families